Disable Windows 10 CEIP telemetryPengin Eingetragen: 01.09.2019
- Open the settings by clicking on the Windows Start menu and select the gear icon to get into the settings.
- Navigate to the Privacy option, click on the "Privacy" option in the left menu bar.
- Scroll something down in the privacy settings until you see the "Diagnosis and Feedback" option. Click to open Telemetry Settings.
- Send "full" telemetry
- Send "base" telemetry
- Send "no" telemetry
- To apply the changes permanently, restart the device once.
There you have three options:
By default, Full is enabled. Click None to completely disable CEIP telemetry. However, if you want Microsoft to get some anonymized data, you can select the "Base" option.
Alternate method: Group Policy Editor
If you use a Windows edition such as Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, you also have the option to disable CEIP telemetry using the Group Policy Editor. Here are the steps:
- Open the Group Policy Editor. To do this, press Windows + R and type "gpedit.msc."
- Navigate to "Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Transfer Policy."
- Double-click the Disable CEIP Telemetry option and select Enabled.
- Click "Apply" and restart your device to make the changes take effect.
Disabling CEIP telemetry is an easy way to protect your privacy in Windows. You can choose to disable it from the settings or use the Group Policy Editor. While it may be important for some users to send anonymized data to Microsoft, you should be aware that disabling CEIP telemetry will not affect the performance of your system.